October 24, 2014
This week’s painting safety tips are all about Ladder Safety.
- Always check the ladder before you use it to make sure there is nothing broken, cracked, or bent.
- Keep your hips in between the side rails of the ladder, never over-extend or over-reach in either direction whilst painting.
- Always keep three points of contact – that is two feet and one hand on the ladder when working, or two hands and one foot on the ladder when climbing.
- Avoid carrying tools in your arms, where possible, up and down the ladder, instead use a tool belt so you can maintain your three points of contact.
- Always face the ladder when going up or down.
- Take your time and keep your concentration when using a ladder.
- And, of course, watch out for those overhead power lines.
Happy Painting – Jonah The Painter